If you are over 40 years of age and fired from your job because of your age, call 215-322-6990 to speak with a PA age discrimination lawyer today!
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) protects employees over 40 years of age from age related workplace harassment, discrimination and discharge if they work for an employer covered by the act, generally defined as an employer who employees 20 or more persons. The Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (PHRA) provides similar protections to employees in Pennsylvania who work for employers that employ as few a 4 persons. If you are a experiencing age discrimination at work, contact a PA age discrimination lawyer today!
As we age we are faced with many challenges; not the least of which is competing with younger workers. Age discrimination can be overt or insidious.
- Were you fired or laid off and replaced by a younger worker?
- Are you frequently being asked about your retirement plans?
- Are supervisors or co-workers making comments about your speed, dexterity or memory?
- Have you been passed over for promotion in favor of a younger less experienced employee?
- Were you discharged after turning down early retirement?
- Were you selected for layoff, with or without a severance package, while younger less qualified workers were retained?
- Is your younger supervisor showing favoritism to employees under 40 years of age?
These are just a few examples of what may be age discrimination.
If your employer is discriminating against you due to your age your employer is breaking the law? If so, contact a PA age discrimination lawyer today!
Call Pennsylvania employment lawyer Bruce Preissman to discuss your age discrimination claim. Attorney Preissman can answer your questions and provide straightforward counsel and advice regarding your options. He may recommend filing a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and/or the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC), or he may recommend filing a lawsuit. Either way, he can provide comprehensive legal representation to you for your age discrimination claim.